How to choose a buck reproduction buck goat
A buck is a male goat used for reproduction. This article outlines some key qualities that should look for when buying a buck goat.
Ensure you assess the following characteristics when buying a goat:
· Must have a good history devoid of inbreeding.
· The adder shape and attachment of the mother.
· Productivity of the mother.
· Purity of the breed (depends on what you want)
· General health of the lineage and rate of kid immortality.
2. Body stature
· Strong straight front legs.
· Hind legs have space around the testicles-this reflects the adder space.
· Visible pelvic bones- an indication of good dairy and milk producers.
· Relatively a large stomach- capacity to take more water.
3. Super aggression for mating
· Always teasing even from a young age.
4. Shape and position of testicles
· Should be properly attached. This indicates udder attachment.
· Try to avoid bucks with extremely hanging testicles.
Also watch: Apple Farming in Kenya - Wambugu Apples
Read also: Buying a dairy goat: Benefits of a young doe
Dairy Goat farming with Wambugu Farmer